- All submissions should be in English. In the future we hope to be able to accept submissions in Japanese and perhaps other languages.
- All submissions should conform to APA (American Psychological Association, 6th Edition) guidelines. Consult APA Style Resources.
- All submissions should be in Microsoft Word DOC or RTF format.
- Full length articles should not exceed 6,000 words. Abstract should be no more than 200 words.
- Book and software reviews should not exceed 2,000 words.
- All article submissions and correspondence should be sent to the editor: email@example.com.
- All manuscripts go through a two-step review process: (1) internal review by the editors to see if each manuscript is of sufficient quality to merit external review; and then (2) external review by the editorial board members and/or reviewers to make a recommendation (accept as is, accept pending changes, revise and resubmit, or reject).
- The editors of CALL-EJ reserve the right to make editorial changes to manuscripts accepted for publication for the sake of style or clarity.
Book/Software Review Policy
- CALL-EJ welcomes book/software reviews and review essays of scholarly works dealing with English teaching, applied linguistics, second language acquisition, language assessment, applied linguistics, or related disciplines in relation with CAI/CMI/CAL/CALL. Anyone interested in reviewing a book/software for CALL-EJ may do so in the following ways:
- Choose a recent book/software in the field, write a review of it, and submit it. Or contact the CALL-EJ Editor to check the availability of a book or a software program to be reviewed.
- Send a copy of your brief bio as a separate file to CALL-EJ.
- In all cases, reviews will be evaluated on the basis of the quality of the evaluation and description of the book/software, and the relevance and importance of the book/software to the field.
- All reviews and its related correspondence should be sent to the editor: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Received manuscripts are first internally reviewed by the editorial committee members within 2-3 weeks of their arrival. If the manuscript(s) need revision, they are sent back to the author(s) in 4-6 weeks to make changes.
- After the appropriate revisions are complete, resubmitted, and are acceptable, they are transferred to an author-blanked form, and then sent to two or more external reviewers who are experts in their field. These external reviews usually take 4-6 weeks to be completed.
- After receiving the results from the external reviewers, the editorial committee decides if further revisions are needed, and if the manuscript is deemed acceptable or not for publication.
- Copyright of articles is retained by authors and CALL-EJ. As CALL-EJis an open acces journal, articles are free to use, with proper attribution, in educational and other non-commercial settings. Sources must be acknowledged appropriately.